Accessing a GP after hours
Outside of normal business hours, a number of GPs across Western Australia provide services.
There are a number of websites available that allow you to search for after hours GP services:
- HealthEngine (external site) allows you to find an available GP and book your appointment online.
- DoctorDoctor (external site) (formerly Australian Locum Medical Service) allows you to book a home visit or access telephone advice.
- Doctor Home Visits (external site) provides patients with both in-hours and after-hours medical care on behalf of their own GP in the comfort of their own home.
- After Hours GP Perth (external site) provides doctor home visits to residents for medical conditions requiring attention when your GP is not available.
- Percy’s Practice (external site) makes it easy for you to find your nearest GP After Hours practice across Perth by using a postcode search.
- 13SICK (external site) offers bulk billed, after hours GP home visits to people living in Perth and many surrounding suburbs. Bookings can be made online.
- ReadyCare (external site) offers GP consultations 24/7 via phone or video including prescriptions, referrals and absence certificates if required. Cost is $69 and with consent will send a Care Summary to the patients regular GP. Call 1800 732 392.
- Get Better (external site) is an after hours, bulk-billed home doctor service available to people in the Kwinana, Rockingham and Mandurah areas. Call 1800 238 837.
Free health advice is also available 24 hours a day by calling healthdirect on 1800 022 222.
For serious life-threatening conditions dial triple zero (000) to call an ambulance, or for urgent medical care visit a hospital emergency department.
This publication is provided for education and information purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical care. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace advice from your healthcare professional. Readers should note that over time currency and completeness of the information may change. All users should seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional for a diagnosis and answers to their medical questions.