We offer social work services to inpatients and outpatients at our hospital.
Our skilled and professional social workers provide support, information and counselling to help patients in need, and where appropriate, their family members.
To use this service, a referral is required. A referral can be obtained from a member of our hospital staff, a General Practitioner and community agencies.
- advice and assistance with housing and accommodation issues
- coordination of transport and accommodation for country patients and their families
- assistance with Centrelink claims and applications
- coordination and set-up of support services in the home
- access to legal information about workers’ compensation, guardianship and administration applications, motor vehicle injury claims, enduring power of attorney and making a will
- coordination of transport for outpatients accessing clinics
- advice and information on aged care
- access to emergency relief.