The Occupational Therapy service at our hospital was the first of its kind in Western Australia and we have a long and proud history.
We are leaders and specialists in clinical Occupational Therapy and provide advanced teaching and training in collaboration with others. We also undertake research, evidence-based practice and quality improvement activities that provide customer-focused services.
We operate at our Wellington Street Campus anand also incorporate the Inner City Geriatric Service Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) and Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH) team.
- Emergency Department (ED)
- Acute Assessment Unit (AAU).
Our tertiary-level specialties:
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- General Surgery
- Respiratory Medicine
- Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
Specialist Occupational Therapy:
- Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH)
- domiciliary care
- equipment prescription
- home modification and adaptation
- splinting and upper limb management
- scar management
- lymphoedema management
- wheelchair assessment, prescription and training
- stress management
- cognitive/perceptual rehabilitation
- aged care
- physical rehabilitation
- amputee rehabilitation
- pain management
- acute trauma
- Well-Tel rehabilitation
- care coordination (CCT).