Gastroenterology and Hepatology
The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department at Royal Perth Hospital takes pride in being provisional leaders in high quality clinical care, education, and clinical research. Clinical staff have a high level of expertise that provides for tertiary level advice and management of all patients with gastrointestinal and liver diseases. The department caters for patients from the metropolitan, rural, and remote regions of Western Australia.
Our clinical services include:
- specialty inpatient management
- consultative support to other medical and surgical disciplines
- outpatient care
- tertiary-level endoscopic services.
Super-specialty endoscopy services include:
- interventional gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and endoscopic ultrasound
- capsule endoscopy
- double balloon enteroscopy
- after-hours emergency endoscopy.
We provide a State-wide oesophageal manometry and pH monitoring service, Telehealth services to rural communities and viral hepatitis management in the prison population.