Admission and discharge
It is sometimes hard to know what to expect when you are coming into hospital. The following information will be helpful for planning your admission and discharge.
When you arrive, go to the Admission Centre on Level 2, North Block at the scheduled time. You will need to advise the Admission Centre staff if you have been hospitalised in the last seven days or been admitted to a hospital outside of Western Australia within the past 12 months.
What to bring
Please be sure to bring with you:
- your admission form
- your Medicare card and your private hospital insurance card, if you have one
- details of your employer and the date, time and place of your accident, if you are covered by Workers’ Compensation or the Motor Vehicle Insurance Trust
- the name and address of your GP
- emergency contact details of your next-of-kin
- any medications you may be taking
- any x-rays or scans that may be related to your condition
- pyjamas or nightgowns, dressing gown and slippers (non-slip sole), as it is important for footwear to be worn at all times
- personal toiletries such as soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shaving kit and tissues
- a small amount of money for items such as newspapers, magazines, telephone calls and to hire a television.
Please do not bring jewellery, other valuables or excess cash to hospital, as we will not be responsible for any loss of valuables or cash kept in the ward.
During your stay, your doctors and nurses will let you know how long they think you will be in hospital.
Even before this happens, we believe it is in your best interest to start planning for your discharge and after-care as soon as possible.
If you think you will need support at home, please talk to our staff so we can arrange the required support ahead of time.
The official discharge from the ward is 10.00am. Family and friends can assist by organising transport ahead of time.
Once you are ready for discharge, you may be transferred to a comfortable Transit Lounge on Level 3, South Block to wait for your relative/carer or friend to collect you.
Before leaving the ward, please make sure you collect any private x-rays/scans or medications and confirm if you have any follow-up appointments. Also, ensure you collect all of your personal items.
Phone: (08) 9224 2244
Fax: (08) 9224 3511